- Equine Behaviour with Lucy Rees
- Angelo Telatin
on Clipper Training Tips
- Dr. Paul McGreevy
on Horse Behavior
- Equine Behavior Book (.pdf)
- Training Horses Naturally
- Positive Reinforcement Training
- Dr. Sophia Yin
- The Alpha Fallacy
- Center for Canine Behavior Studies
- Journal of Veterinary Behavior
- Puppy Socialization Handout
Animal Behavior & Healing is dedicated to providing support to shelters to prevent unnecessary surrenders due to behavioral problems. We know many companion animals are given up due to a breakdown in the human animal bond, with owners naming “ behavior problems” as one of the primary reasons for surrendering their dog. AB&H can help prevent surrenders due to behavior problems that can be successfully treated with professional support and comprehensive intervention plans.
The integration of comprehensive, positive behavior change techniques will support existing rehoming programs, and facilitate the long term adoption of shelter pets, while creating less stressful conditions through environmental changes that will support behavioral health and well being
We offer training and workshops in:
- Humane Education Program Content
- Leadership Training & Support
- Enrichment Guidelines & Support
Many types of behavior problems play a significant role in the breakdown of the human/animal bond between families and their pets.
Many animal behaviorists focus on treating problems after they have developed.
At Animal Behavior & Healing, we can also help you avoid problems before they occur by advising you how to select the right pet for your family and help you establish proper behavior expectations as a preventative measure.
Learn more about general animal behavior issues.
Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science (JAAWS)
International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
Publications & Research Papers
- What Do Trainers Know About How Horses Learn (by Gina Garey)
- The Role of Neutraceuticals in Dogs with CDS: Supporting the Nutritional Needs of Senior Dogs
- Canine Cognitive Dysfunction in Aging Dogs: Managing CDS as a Canine Welfare Issue
- Exploring Animal Welfare in Practice: How Animal Welfare Considerations Impact Behavioral Methods